I'm known to tell my natural clients to ditch Shampoo altogether.. Stay with me...
they're now washing co-washing their scalp and strands with cleansing conditioners. Unlike traditional shampoos, these conditioners contain little to no detergents and chemicals that often leave hair dry, brittle or damaged. Their super-conditioning formulas make them especially ideal for women with thick or curly hair to help maintain moisture. If you have natural hair opt for co-washing (sursely... lol)
Thinking of giving cleansing conditioners a try? Here are 11 of my top picks:
1. WEN Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner. Celebrity hairstylist Chaz Dean is the mastermind behind this low-lather cleansing conditioner that works on all hair types. Blended with sweet almond oil, cucumber extract and aloe leaf juice, it strengthens your hair and gives it an amazing smell. $32, Sephora.com
2. L'Oreal Paris EverCrème Conditioning Cleanser. To repair severely parched hair, use several pumps of this product to bring it back to a healthy, shiny and hydrated state. $6, Target.com
3. As I Am Naturally Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner. Who isn't crazy about coconut oil? Naturally curly-haired girls will appreciate that this creamy cleansing conditioner rinses out super easy. $8, AsIAmNaturally.com
4. Pantene Cleansing Conditioner, Color Preserve. If you've been slacking on shampooing to extend the life of your hair color, try cleansing with this conditioner that gets you squeaky clean without ruining your dye job. $7, Walgreens.com
5. Devacurl No-Poo Conditioning Cleanser. This sulfate-free shampoo alternative helps you achieve your cleanest, bounciest and healthiest curls yet with ingredients like wheat and germseed oil. $19, Store.DevaChanSalon.com
6. Ouidad Curl Co-Wash Low-Foam Cleansing Conditioner. Our hair never felt so soft until we lathered up with this moisturizing cleansing conditioner. Tip: A little goes a long way, so don't be heavy-handed. $8, Ouidad.com
8. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser. This drugstore brand uses the good stuff (e.g. coconut oil, naeem oil and silk protein) to help you achieve a good cleaning that results in softer and shinier locks. $12,Target.com
9. EDEN BodyWorks All Natural Coconut Shea CoWash. What a bargain this sizable jar of cleansing conditioner is for under ten bucks. But what really makes it worthy of your money is its ability to make detangling less stressful. $8,SallyBeauty.com
10. Mizani True Textures Cleansing Cream Conditioning Curl Wash. Get your cleansing and conditioning done in one shot with this richly-fragrant conditioner. $15, Ulta.com
11. Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Cleansing Conditioner. Here's another wallet-friendly cleansing conditioner option that contains vitamin E, extra virgin olive oil and keratin protein. $10, Walgreens.com
If you're in the Tallahassee, Florida area book with me at www.styleseat.com/searraeleece to get on your road to recovering your Natural, Beautiful Tresses. You'll receive extensive, advanced product knowledge and your own customized Natural Hair Regime. Be sure to also follow @searraeleece Instagram !