- Start your Coily Springy regimen with co-washing with aType 4a recommended conditioner. This will cleanse and condition your coils without stripping out its natural oils
- Restore and renew your dry Coily Springy hair with a deep conditioner once a week. Hydrate, soften and nourish your Coily Springy hair with moisturizers
- Use a heavy creamy cleanser to keep your coils healthy and moisturized
- Detangling your Coily Crimpy hair should be an essential part of your hair care routine. Detangle with a conditioner that has lots of slip and your favorite wide-tooth comb
- Seal in moisture and add shine to your dry fragile Coily Crimpy hair with hair milks and styling butters. Deep condition weekly to ensure strong healthy and hydrated coils. To intensify your deep treatment add heat.
Type 4 - Coily Hair
Type 4 hair can range from fine and thin--to wiry and coarse, with a ton of strands densely packed together.Coily hair has fewer cuticle layers than any other hair type **yawn** which simply means that it has less protection from the damage inflicted with everyday styling: combing, brushing, curling, blow-drying and straightening. Very, very important to keep your Type 4 hair moisturized and protected to avoid breakage and other disorders that stunt growth and cause severe damage. A healthy hair care regimen will take your Natural Type 4 hair from a naughty nightmare to a beautiful crown of sensual beauty. First, you'll want to begin with identifying your Type 4 Hairtype.
4A - Coily Springy℠
4B - Coily Crimpy℠
Type 4b has a "Z" pattern, less of a defined curl pattern. Instead of curling or coiling, the hair bends in sharp angles like the letter "Z". Type 4 hair has a cotton-like feel. The hair is very wiry, very tightly coiled or bent and very, very fragile; you must take great care when working with it. Type 4 hair can range from fine/thin to wiry/coarse with lots and lots of strands densely packed together. Type 4b hair often shrinks up to 75% of the actual hair length.
4C - Coily Ziggly℠
Type 4c hair is composed of curl patterns that will almost never clump without doing a specific hair style. It can range from fine/thin/super soft to wiry/coarse with lots of densely packed strands. 4c hair has been described as a more "challenging" version of 4b hair. Some say 4c looks identical to 4b except that the curls are so tightly kinked, there is seemingly no definition. 4c hair can shrink more than 75%.
*** All notes courtesy of naturallycurly.com ***
My ULTIMATE "go-to" Product Line for Type 4 Hair is SHEA MOISTURE. Follow the link to explore all of the possiblities or call 757.752.7755 to book an appointment for an in-depth hair care regimen composed just for you ! Enjoy ladies and feel free to ask away if you aren't located in the Tallahassee area ! Be sure to follow @searraeleece on Instagram :) Stay blessed.